Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Ngā Mihi o Te Tau Hou

Walt: Ngā Mihi o Te Tau Hou

#1: Kick Start



Hey guys!!!
For this year's activity I've managed to create a poster to share at least five ways of saying Happy New Year in different languages.
  • English
  • German
  • Italian
  • Filipino
  • Māori
I chose the image of Year of the Ox as I am part of Asia and it represents in Chinese culture every year. I also re-design the background to show how the year of 2020 is gonna be.

Hope you enjoyed my blog-post view and don't forget to leave a comment! Thank you!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey David,

    Your poster looks good, I like how you have added the year of the ox image to show that you are part of that. Can you speak Chinese? I am from Germany and I can speak German. I am not so good though. Happy New year.

    Keep up the amazing blog posts,
    Molly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tēnā koe David, this is Elle from the Summer Learning Journey.

    Ka pai - you have done an excellent job on your New Year activity! I really like all the colours you have used to accompany your text, and included the year of the ox image - this was a great addition! What an awesome DLO!

    What encouraged you to pick those particular languages? Do you have a personal connection to them, or did you choose them because you want to learn to speak them? I really want to learn how to speak fluent Italian and te reo Māori, so thank you for teaching me how to say Happy New Year in those languages!

    Ngā mihi nui and keep up the awesome blogging!
    Elle (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete